Sunday, August 30, 2015

Growth Mindset: My views

This is the first time I have heard of Carol Wreck and the Growth Mindset. Her views are interesting and very extreme. I believe they are interesting because they are very different from the views I have. I see myself having a growth mindset because I love learning new things that I am interested in and would further my knowledge to help me benefit in some way. The main thing I have learned about myself while learning at OU would be that I have to see something to learn it. I can not remember anything near as well if I just hear it. I've also learned that I have to learn in studious environment and can't be in a living space or on something to comfortable or I'll lose focus. I'm interested in hearing about the growth mindset and the theories behind it. I don't believe I will be very inclined to use the methods though. I am enrolled in many interesting classes this semester but the class I am most excited about would have to me Pathogenic Microbiology and Infectious Diseases. This is the type of microbial field that I would like to get into so I'm excited to learn more about the topics under the course. I pretty much have it down for how I need to study and prepare for exams in that type of class but would life to learn new styles of learning in my classes where papers and projects are the main focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment