Sunday, November 15, 2015

Growth Mindset: Week 12

For this week's growth mindset challenge I decided to do the challenge of talking to a friend about growth mindset. I talked to my roommate about the subject at hand. He told me that he doesn't do much now with it but when he was a freshman here he used to try different study techniques. He told me that he has found the best way that he can study which is in a room alone with low music and no distractions. I talked to him about writing and reading challenges. He told me his major doesn't require him to read or write much so he doest have to try new things for that.

3 comments:

  1. I think these growth mindset posts are awesome. I have been meaning to sit down wit my roommate and ask here these things. I also think it would be fun to talk to a kid about it and possibly get it in their mind early on so they practice these things at an early age and it will benefit them later on down the road!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talked to my roommate as well about Growth mindset. I study with the same techniques as your roommate. Usually I do best alone and with low music. I have also learned when studying in the medical field it requires a dry erase board. Drawing and writing things really helps me study and I did not start that until this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love growth mindset posts! I like to see how other people are using it in their daily lives or if they even believe in the idea. I think that this is a great conversation starter especially for students. I have yet to talk about it with an individual but I have talked about growth mindset in front of my capstone class and I was surprised to find out that some students already knew about growth mindset.

    ReplyDelete